Re: [alpine-devel] Getting started

From: Nathan Angelacos <nangel_at_nothome.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:38:26 -0700

Hi Mark,

Mark Constable wrote:
> Hi, I presume this is the best place to discuss Alpine issues?

Yup this is the place. Welcome!

> Is there a mailing-list archive or a normal bbs/forum?

The mailing list archive is here:

http://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-devel/

(Sorry, no indexing - its on the (long) todo list)

> Somewhere someone mentioned something about Alpine moving towards
> Archs' pacman/makepkg... is this true?

Um.. I think the current plan is "apk version 42" or something like
that. The latest that's being worked on is signed packages.

http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/w/index.php?title=Apkindex_format

has natanel's notes on the latest changes. I have some notes on the
various package formats that have been used; it needs to be posted on
the wiki, but I haven't gotten a chance to do so :-(

> Thanks for any help.

Sure, although I'm not sure this is much help. If you don't mind, drop
me a line of what info you'd like to see, or is missing - I'm supposed
to be the infrastructure/documentation guy - so your impressions will be
very helpful.

(And, I hope we can answer your questions, as well.)