Re: [alpine-devel] Getting started

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:43:58 +0200

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 21:02 +1000, Mark Constable wrote:

> My apologies for not going through whatever mailing-list archives
> there are to research these basic points. I was in the process of
> building a busybox/uclibc/scratchbox system for Arch when I found
> out about Alpine just a few days ago.

No. Its not your fault there was no easy way to find the archives.
I added links to the archives for next man. Thanks!

> I have some very tight guidelines for a busybox/javascript based
> desktop distro and, so far, Alpine looks much closer to where I
> want to be than Arch (which IMVHO leaves deb/rpm in the dust).

fwiw, I was thinking of starting up an alpine-desktop subproject but I
have not been sure if there is any interest of such thing and I know for
sure I'm at the limit of what I can handle alone.

I have got most parts of xorg and xfce running, using evenings and
weekends. I'm using alpine with xfce on my hp 2133. (which has padlock
and benefit from the openssl patches. yay!). I have midori browser,
xchat, terminal, rdeskop, the basic stuff. If I get atleast one more
person to work on alpine-desktop I say its a go!