[alpine-devel] Multi architecture support

From: Mark Constable <markc_at_renta.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:17:42 +1000

I see the default /etc/abuild.conf has CHOST=i486-alpine-linux-uclibc
and there is no sign of a PKGBUILD arch=(i686 x86_64) equivalent so
is there a recommended way to provide multiple archs from a single
APKBUILD?

I guess using a different /etc/abuild.conf in each build environment
would suffice but I thought I should check if there is some inbuilt
method that is not documented yet.

I intend to build a subset of packages for i686, x86_64, arm8 and
possibly ppc (ps3) eventually. I'd use separate chroots for i686
and x86_64 and possibly use the ArchMobile qemu examle for arm8 as
I have a Beagelboard begging for some TLC.

Sorry about the rush of newbie questions and many thanks for the

--markc