Re: [alpine-devel] Where would x11/APKINDEX.tar.gz go?

From: Timo Teräs <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:18:47 +0300

Mark Constable wrote:
> I'm using apk-tools 2.0_pre17 so I'm probably asking for trouble.
> Where in the local file system should this file go?
>
> http://dl-3.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v1.9/packages/x11/APKINDEX.tar.gz
>
> I would normally use strace but it doesn't seem to be available.

Just dump the URL directly to /etc/apk/repositories and apk will
take care of downloading everything.

Alternatively you need to mirror the whole repository with all
packages in it on your local dir.

Or if you are just curious where apk keeps the downloaded copies,
they go to /var/lib/apk or /etc/apk/cache depending on the
configuration.

- Timo