Re: [alpine-devel] First abuild attempt

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:28:24 +0200

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 15:24 +1000, Mark Constable wrote:
> For a first attempt at building I package I copied main/nano to
> a parallel build tree and modified the configure line to include
> --enable-color and --enable-nanorc, then abuild -i.
>
> My newer package compiled okay and went to $REPODEST (being
> /home/packages/alpine/nano*) but did not install.
>
> How do I install a package directly as per pacman -U /path/to/package?
>
> How do I create the custom local package database, again, like
> the Arch repo-add command?
>
> (I couldn't find any info about the package db on the trac wiki)

The package db have been in a pretty flux state. Format have changed
recently so we have been waiting til the format have stabilized til we
start documenting those things.

It doesnt help that I'm straight out bad at writing documentation :-(

The format shoudl be stable now so its time to get documentation
started. If you want to help us, this is an important piece that badly
needs help.