[alpine-devel] Attempting x86_64 build

From: Mark Constable <markc_at_renta.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 17:10:05 +1000

I've got an x86_64 busybox/uclibc partition set up, courtesy of buildroot,
and I've started building a few packages. nano built okay so I've moved
on to apk-tools so I can obviously start to use Alpine tools to build
and install more packages. It needs pkgconfig, zlib and openssl so I
managed to build pkgconfig and zlib but I'm stuck on openssl because it
needs perl and the buildroot target only has miniperl (or maybe none at
all, not sure) so a coule of questions...

. would it be possible to build openssl without using perl?

. would it be possible to build apk-tools without openssl?

. should I drop back to pre v1.9 and use the scripted apk tools?

I barely know how to use the 1.9 apk toolset let alone the earlier ones.

***

I've also got an Archlinux ARM chroot and managed to also build nano
but nothing else so far as their is some problem with setting time
in the provided glibc. If I manage to get enough x86_64 Alpine packages
to build, to bootstrap a clean system, I'll post a tarball and follow
the same method for ARM.

--markc