[alpine-devel] most alpine mirrors are broken

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:43:28 +0200

Hi,

Seems to me like most of our mirrors are broken.

http://dl-2.alpinelinux.org/alpine/ not synced since august something
http://dl-3.alpinelinux.org/alpine/ is not syncing "edge"
http://dl-4.alpinelinux.org is down
http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/alpine/alpine seems to
be the only mirror that works (but has sync issues once in a while)

This is not good.

I'm setting up a new build box as we speak. This has better bandwidth
than current dev.a.o so it would be dl-1.a.o or something. Not sure we
want that. (not sure i want 100 users downloading new release while we
are building emergency fix)

Ideas how to solve?

I'd like torrents for downloading iso's but we still need a *reliable*
http source for upgrades.