Re: [alpine-devel] new build server

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:00:07 +0100

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 08:46 -0500, Jeremy Thomerson wrote:
> Wow - you must never sleep! Congratulations. This is a great
> improvement.
>
> PS - you probably considered this, but in the future if you want an
> easy way to communicate a queue or event triggering between multiple
> servers, try ActiveMQ. It's an enterprise messaging bus and has
> clients in pretty much any language. You can even set it up to
> receive or broadcast events through simple HTTP if you need to.
> Anyway, I've used it on a bunch of projects and it's super easy to set
> up and a great piece of software. Using something like that would
> even give you the ability to have multiple build servers subscribing
> to the channel and either building all packages, or dividing up the
> packages, each building one until the queue is done.
>
> Just a thought anyway....

Yeah, I would actually like/need something like that. What I have still
dont work perfectly. ssh seesions are not terminated on server.

I'd need a:
* git hook that sends a single line to the message server
* clinents/buildserver(s) that just sits idle til they get the message
* something that does nto require java and is alot lighter than 33MB.

in other words, is there anything simpler/lighter than ActiveMQ?

Thanks!

-nc