[alpine-devel] how do I get axfrdns (djbdns) going in Alpine?

From: <MarkSeymour_at_GuildAssociates.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:20:55 -0500

Hello alpine-devel's, and thank you for Alpine Linux! I am a longtime user of LEAF and its predecessor LRP, so I was excited to find Alpine, as I've wanted to get away from floppy disk storage of configs for a long time now.

I have Shorewall configured to my liking, as well as Tinydns, but now I want to be able to provide axfr responses to non - djb slave dns servers, and I would like to log queries. I have not found any documentation on how to do this with Alpine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have added the package djbdns-1.05-r32, which contains axfrdns, but I don't know where to go from there. Do I follow the Bernstein instructions at http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/axfrdns-conf.html , including creating 'acct' and 'logacct'? I assume not, since I don't see a daemontools package available to give me multilog. I'd be happy to rtfm if I could find the fm ;)

Alternatively, I'll consider using BIND since you have it available....