Re: [alpine-devel] how do I get axfrdns (djbdns) going in Alpine?

From: <MarkSeymour_at_GuildAssociates.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 17:13:58 -0500

On Saturday, November 14, 2009 "Timo Teräs" timo.teras_at_iki.fi wrote:

> I have axfrdns running on an Alpine 1.8 based box. It uses tcpserver from
> ucspi-tcp package. I attached the init.d script I'm using. Something like
> this should be added to djbdns package.

Thanks to Timo for the reply and for the init.d script. I guess I will grab the
1.8.3 iso, and use it for now as 1.9.1 iso does not have ucspi-tcp.

In order to control which slaves are allowed, where do you put your
    '<slaveIP>:allow,AXFR="<allowedAXFRDomain>"'
entries which, under Bernstein's regime, go in a file that normally lives
at /etc/axfrdns/tcp ?

Although I see that the axfrdns-conf program exists in the djbdns apk,
I assume that I should not use it to set up axfrdns, as multilog is not
available
since there is no daemontools package.

Seems 'lbu ci usb' does not retain changes made in /etc/init.d, so I should add
a reference to the axfr start script in /etc/lbu/include , correct?

Any chance someone would package up daemontools for Alpine and just
allow this to be set up the way that DJB intends, including svc, svscan,
multilog, etc? (Is there a strong reason not to do this?)

Thanks,

-Mark