Re: [alpine-devel] Wireless

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 21:42:32 +0000

On 11/27/09, Nicolas Schmerber <nicolas_at_the-tropics.fr> wrote:
> Hi ,

Hi Nicolas,

> I just reinstalled a 1.9 alpine linux on a alix board . Works perfectly .

Great!

> But only the wifi config stuff is missing
> Where are all the wonderful packages for making a wifi access point with
> emebbeded hardware (soekris , alix and more ? )

I think you are the first to ask for them. (well i think there was
someone else asking for hostapd but we didnt have his wifi drivers at
that point)

> Or maybe I didn't find it in the docs .
>
> Can someone make me see the light ?

You could file a package request on http://bugs.alpinelinux.org with a
package description and url to source package. Or at least tell what
specific packages you are interested in. .. and help us test it after.

> Thanks in advance
>
> Nicolas

Thanks!

--