Re: [alpine-devel] apk-tools/dependencies question for php

From: Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 22:30:17 +0100

Hi,

PHP is mainly used as a web scripting language right? I guess apk
should focus on PHP cgi instead of php-cli.
Lets say you install php-gd it will first look if php is installed, if
not then it will install php cgi and display a message about the other
options PHP which could have been installed (php-cli). If the users
would like cli he could install it afterwards and then remove php-cgi.
If php-cli would have been installed already it would ignore php-cgi.
I guess this way is similar then your #4? I guess making apk
interactive to choose your preferred php version is not
possible/suitable?

-carlo