[alpine-devel] Re: help: freepbx install on alpine linux

From: Kenny Aral <oggyk22_at_ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 04:01:06 -0400 (EDT)

Michael, thank you for your quick response. I've made a good
amount of progress since my last email. I was able to successfully
install the Apache webserver on Alpine. The problem was because I
was not running Alpine from the hard drive of the Guest OS inside
VirtualBox.

Currently, I am adapting this install procedure for Alpine:
http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/installation/install-procedure-for-centos-4-3
which is for CentOS Linux. As far as I can tell, these are all of
the dependencies needed for the install (I put x's next to the
ones that I was able to add with apk):

make x
gcc x
uclibc-dev x
glib-dev x
g++ x
libxml2-dev x
tiff-dev x
mysql-server
php-gd x
php-mysql x
installkernel x
bison x
ncurses-dev x
audiofile-dev
subversion x
libogg-dev x
openssl-dev x
mysql-dev x
lame x
asterisk x
asterisk-dev x

The only two dependencies I couldn't find were mysql-server and
audiofile-dev. The installation has gone smoothly up until trying
to setup the MySQL database. I'm getting the following error even
though the mysql process is running:

# mysqladmin create asterisk
mysqladmin: could not connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'_at_'localhost' (using password:
NO)'

--
ARAL,KENNY A