[alpine-devel] Alpine 2.1.0_rc1 released

<1288191915.31412.13.camel@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net>

I have uploaded first release candidate for Alpine-2.1.0 and have
symlinked the v2.1 to edge.

This means that we are in a feature freeze. Please no new features in
git master. Only bugfixes.

Some of the highlights for the v2.1 series:
* linux-2.6.35.x kernel
* gcc-4.5.x
* gdb-7.2
* perl-5.12
* asterisk-1.8.x
* postgres-9.0.x
* dovecot-2.0.x
* php/apache2 support
* initial support for udev as alternative to busybox mdev
* xorg-server-1.9.x (with udev and hotplugging support)
* gtk+-2.22 and friends

Please download and test it and help us squeeze out the bugs before we
do 2.1.0 sharp.

Thanks!

<1288195781.31412.15.camel@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net>
In-Reply-To
<AANLkTimtpFL_5i8sDLMuPWxNQ0DuoDkRo7R7E3Kgk849@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 19:54 +0400, qnx4ever wrote:
> Hello Natanael,
> did you have a chance to workout how .alpine-release file got updated ?

Yes, we will ship /etc/alpine-release in alpine-base. It was supposed to
be the last commit before i tagged the release, but i forgot.

Sorry.

Will try remember it for _rc2

<1288191915.31412.13.camel@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net> (view parent)