Re: [alpine-devel] Alpine linux quesitons

From: Timo Teräs <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 08:05:08 +0300

Hi,

On 08/11/2010 12:14 AM, qnx4ever wrote:
> I was looking for a tiny busybox based Linux distribution already for a
> little while and for whatever reason I never came across AplineLinux.
> I'm surprised there could be a solution I'm looking for with Alpine. I
> was trying to setup it to work under coLinux, but failed with console
> driver not being able to initialise. I wounder if I can run Alpine with
> vanila kernel or special patches required.

There's no special kernel patches required for Alpine Linux. By default
we ship with a kernel having grsec patches and another one with vserver
stuff. We also keep some backports of bugfixes on them every now and then.

I don't see any special reasons why Alpine would not run with coLinux,
though I'm not too familiar with coLinux changes. Your problem sounds
that you are likely missing some kernel config options related to console.

Cheers,
  Timo