Re: [alpine-devel] testing/rdiff-backup: new aport

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:47:16 +0200

On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 14:37 +0000, Jeremy Thomerson wrote:
> This is the follow-up to last night's patch to add rdiff-backup.
>
> Is there some way that I should do this to make it appear as one patch? I wasn't sure of your procedure,
> but since I'd already committed the first (broken) attempt locally, the second commit to fix it is a second
> patch as well.

Yes.

Do change.
git add APBUILD
git commit --amend

will "redo" last commit.

Does not work if the changes are pushed to a public repository, since it
will create problems for people who have checked it out. (you rewrite
the history).

We should update the wiki with this info. Soemthing like:
If patch is rejected on mailing list, do the suggested changes, git
commit --amend and git send-email again.