So Alpine 2.1 is out and its time to start plan for alpine-2.2. Here are
some of the things I would like to do for the 2.2 release, scheduled to
* x86_64 alpine port
* java support (openjdk)
* Go Lang support
* llvm/clang support (maybe we can base alpine-3 completely on clang)
* improve admin tools, setup-alpine, ACF, unattended installer etc
* apk-tools: "install_if" (or "conditional groups")
* lua binding to apk-tools
* improve abuild (move dependency handling to lua code, build in empty
* support for cross compiling in abuild?
* autobuilding of edge snapshot iso images
* improve testing / quality assurance
* new version of uclibc, linux kernel, and lots of other new apps
* Qt support
If there are some of the above (or something else) you would like to
work on, please fell free to let me know. I have various of the above
stuff partially done already.
If you have some ideas please feel free to send feedback. I'm specially
interested in ideas what we can do to improve the admin tools,
setup-alpine, setup-disk and quality assurance.
Received on Wed Nov 10 2010 - 11:09:10 GMT