[alpine-devel] Alpine 2.2

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:09:10 +0100

Hi,

So Alpine 2.1 is out and its time to start plan for alpine-2.2. Here are
some of the things I would like to do for the 2.2 release, scheduled to
May 2011.

* x86_64 alpine port
* java support (openjdk)
* Go Lang support
* llvm/clang support (maybe we can base alpine-3 completely on clang)
* improve admin tools, setup-alpine, ACF, unattended installer etc
* apk-tools: "install_if" (or "conditional groups")
* lua binding to apk-tools
* improve abuild (move dependency handling to lua code, build in empty
chroot)
* support for cross compiling in abuild?
* autobuilding of edge snapshot iso images
* improve testing / quality assurance
* python3?
* new version of uclibc, linux kernel, and lots of other new apps
* Qt support
* GNOME?

Anything else?

If there are some of the above (or something else) you would like to
work on, please fell free to let me know. I have various of the above
stuff partially done already.

If you have some ideas please feel free to send feedback. I'm specially
interested in ideas what we can do to improve the admin tools,
setup-alpine, setup-disk and quality assurance.

Thanks!