[alpine-devel] first x86_64 iso

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:10:08 +0100

Hi,

nenolod and I have finally been able to produce a bootable iso that runs
on x86_64.

So far its only a pretty minimal vserver iso and there are no pulic http
repos yet but we are not far away for that.

For those who want try it:
http://nl.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/x86_64/releases/

Still left to do:
* clean up gcc APKBUILD
* clean up kernel builds
  - add x86_64 config
  - fix firmware building on x86_64
* clean up uclibc
  - fix proper patch for protected symbols and submit upstream
  - add x86_64 config
* fix building of the rest of the packages
* set up official x86_64 autobuilder box for edge
* fix abuild to handle $arch