Mail archive
alpine-devel

Re: [alpine-devel] Busybox causing package build problem

From: William Pitcock <nenolod_at_dereferenced.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:52:46 -0600

hi,

i've pushed busybox-1.18.2-r2 which fixes the wget problem. this is an
upstream regression, and i've filed a bug with the patch i applied to
the alpine package.

what actually broke was handling of downloads where it took a little
bit of time to start sending the data (e.g. due to a script).

this caused read() to fail with errno=EAGAIN because in busybox 1.18.2,
wget uses non-blocking i/o. fixing the loop to ignore EAGAIN as well
as EINTR fixed the problem entirely.

as far as getting the build boxes unstuck, bumping the acf-provisioning
package to 0.0.6 should get the job done.

william

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:45:37 -0800 (PST)
Ted Trask <ttrask01_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I tried bumping acf-provisioning to 0.0.5 today and the build failed.
> It worked fine on my box. Checking the edge build log, it failed
> because of bad md5sum. Nenolod checked the 64-edge build box and
> found that the source file was an empty file. After deleting the
> source file and installing real wget, he was able to get the build to
> work. Checking on my box, I found that I had busybox-1.17.4
> installed. After upgrading my box to busybox-1.18.2, wget stopped
> working, creating an empty file. So:
>
> 1) busybox wget is broken
> 2) the build trees are stuck because acf-provisioning won't build
>
> So, it would be great if someone could fix busybox wget and then
> unstick the build boxes. This means deleting the empty source
> packages and rebuilding. I'm assuming nenolod will fix build64-edge,
> but ncopa or fabled will probably have to fix both build-edge and
> build-2-1. (build-2-1 is broken because I forgot to fix the source
> path to include .git)
>
> Thanks
>
> Ted
>
> PS. In case it matters, here are the other packages that upgraded on
> my box. wget worked before and not after the upgrade:
>
> ~$ sudo apk upgrade
> Password:
> (1/19) Upgrading libc0.9.32 (0.9.32_rc1-r1 -> 0.9.32_rc2-r0)
> (2/19) Upgrading busybox (1.17.4-r1 -> 1.18.2-r1)
> Executing busybox-1.18.2-r1.post-upgrade
> (3/19) Upgrading alpine-baselayout (2.0_rc1-r1 -> 2.0_rc1-r2)
> (4/19) Upgrading libcrypto1.0 (1.0.0c-r0 -> 1.0.0d-r0)
> (5/19) Upgrading apk-tools (2.0.7-r5 -> 2.0.7-r6)
> (6/19) Upgrading alpine-conf (2.5.5-r0 -> 2.5.5-r1)
> (7/19) Upgrading bbsuid (0.5-r0 -> 0.5-r1)
> (8/19) Upgrading uclibc-utils (0.9.32_rc1-r1 -> 0.9.32_rc2-r0)
> (9/19) Upgrading libssl1.0 (1.0.0c-r0 -> 1.0.0d-r0)
> (10/19) Upgrading openssl (1.0.0c-r0 -> 1.0.0d-r0)
> (11/19) Upgrading libthread_db (0.9.32_rc1-r1 -> 0.9.32_rc2-r0)
> (12/19) Upgrading uclibc-dev (0.9.32_rc1-r1 -> 0.9.32_rc2-r0)
> (13/19) Upgrading git (1.7.3.5-r1 -> 1.7.4-r1)
> (14/19) Upgrading mkinitfs (2.3.0-r0 -> 2.3.0-r2)
> (15/19) Upgrading mtools (4.0.14-r0 -> 4.0.15-r0)
> (16/19) Upgrading vim (7.3.82-r0 -> 7.3.112-r0)
> (17/19) Upgrading openssl-doc (1.0.0c-r0 -> 1.0.0d-r0)
> (18/19) Upgrading openssl-dev (1.0.0c-r0 -> 1.0.0d-r0)
> (19/19) Upgrading perl (5.12.2-r1 -> 5.12.3-r0)
> Executing busybox-1.18.2-r1.trigger
> OK: 75 packages, 643 dirs, 10817 files
>
>
>
>
>
> ---
> Unsubscribe: alpine-devel+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
> Help: alpine-devel+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
> ---
>



---
Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
Help:         alpine-devel+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
---
Received on Fri Feb 11 2011 - 12:52:46 UTC