Re: [alpine-devel] deleting main/abuild: Patch to delete sources with bad md5sum

From: Ted Trask <ttrask01_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 07:29:52 -0800 (PST)

That's fine by me. I never claimed to know what I was doing, but the patch saved me when you were gone. :) I still think it's a good idea to delete packages that downloaded with errors, especially for the build server. Unless you want to give access to the build servers to all of us developers. Or promise to never go on vacation again. :) Ted ----- Original Message ---- From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> To: alpine-devel_at_lists.alpinelinux.org; Ted Trask <ttrask01_at_yahoo.com> Sent: Sat, March 5, 2011 4:21:37 AM Subject: [alpine-devel] deleting main/abuild: Patch to delete sources with bad md5sum Hi, I am deleting the patch added with aports f6e1791e9c37fb946bcfd6b685b12f5cda5ef7bf I do it because that will delete *all* sources for the package if any file have bad md5sum. For example, if I work on a gcc patch, edit the patch, and run abuild, it will fail on the md5sum check (because i forgot to abuild checksum first). This results that all gcc sources gets deleted and needs to be downloaded again (~50M). I'm not against the idea of deleting files that fails on md5check, but it should only delete the file(s) that fails. Not all. -nc --- Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org Help:        alpine-devel+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org ---