Re: [alpine-devel] Why? ACF - million repos </sarcasm>

From: Timo Teräs <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:53:49 +0300

On 03/31/2011 03:48 PM, Ted Trask wrote:
> Yes, the reason there are lots of repositories is for ease of releasing
> packages. When they're separate, they can be released separately with different
> versions. It can be annoying when I need to update a bunch of packages at the
> same time, like I did yesterday. But, that's pretty rare. Usually when I make a
> major rev bump on core and have to update all affected ACFs.

I really dislike the multiple acf repos too.

Would it be possible to instead have abuild do subpackage version based
on the sources? That we would not have the downsides ncopa mentioned
earlier.

This would also ease the tagging, cloning and setting up of non .apk
based acf tree. Because now you have to do multiple checkouts and create
multiple links to make the thing work from git checkout.

My vote would be to improve abuild to have version number override on
per-subpackage basis. That way single tag of main acf.git would
automatically re-build the updated source packages.

- Timo