Re: [alpine-devel] Donations ?

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:18:09 +0200

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:31:18 +0400
qnx4ever <qnx4ever_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys, how is the project funded ? I'd be happy to contribute small
> amount of cash to keep the good work you are doing. Can't find any
> donation button.

Hi,

First, thanks for your willingness to contribute!

I think most developers has some kind of coorperation or organization
in their back. We also have the enough infra to run the project as
Carlo said.

To be able to take money contributions we would need to set up a
non-profit organization etc, which adds some overhead that we would
like to avoid as long as possible. So for now, I think the best way to
contribute is help out with documentation, help with user support,
offer to run a mirror or similar. Even writing blog articles and making
some "marketing" is helpful.

Again, thanks!