Re: [alpine-devel] kernels and booting

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 19:11:31 +0200

On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 10:44:16 -0400
Kiyoshi Aman <kiyoshi.aman_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Write a Perl script which reads the original config, updates the
> relevant lines, and spits out the new config while leaving the old one
> as a backup, perhaps.

Yes that approx what I'll do, except for the perl part.

I'll create an upgrade script that will check if current extlinux.conf
is generated, and if not, it will try parse the important stuff like
modules=... and pax_nouderef and modify /etc/update-extlinux.conf with
this info.

And update-extlinux will keep a backup of previous generation.

Thanks!