Re: [alpine-devel] Can Alpine be built with glibc and mdev?

From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes_at_waltdnes.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 19:41:30 -0400

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 10:08:43AM +0200, Florian Heigl wrote

> As to Gentoo, maybe you just need someone else for the job, instead of
> a new distro.

  I don't think the udev train can be stopped or forked. It's part of
the same mentality that insists on systemd. I'm not a pro, so I can't
give a good reason for or against systemd. What I was hoping was to be
able to use mdev instead of udev.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes_at_waltdnes.org>