Re: [alpine-devel] Can Alpine be built with glibc and mdev?

From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes_at_waltdnes.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 02:26:35 -0400

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 01:39:06PM +0200, Natanael Copa wrote

> With "desktop" I mean xorg + any window manager. What I mean is that I
> think that hotplugging usbdisks with udev will show a nice icon in
> thunar or whatever filemanager you use. Without udev you will probably
> need open a terminal and manually mount your usb disk.
>
> What I'm trying to say is that i think mdev will work, but some features
> that you expect from a modern linux system (specifically
> hotplugging stuff) will not work.

  I don't use automounting. At times it seems more trouble than it's
worth. Out of sheer curiousity, if you switch to TTY12 (or equivalant
"tail -f /var/log/messages" and attach a USB key do you see a bunch of
output?

  I'll work on loading Alpine on a spare machine this weekend, and
experiment.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes_at_waltdnes.org>