Re: [alpine-devel] USB creator for windows

From: Paul Onyschuk <blink_at_bojary.koba.pl>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:28:28 +0200

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:27:00 +0200
Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> Would be nice to add Alpine Linux as an official[1] supported distro
> for unetbootin. AFAIK there are no usb creators that has official
> support for Alpine Linux.
>
> Also, a gui for an alpine linux desktop would be nice, preferible
> something that does not depend on qt.

openSUSE uses some kind of trick in a way, that LiveCD ISO can be
written to USB as raw image e.g. by dd tool (Image Writer can be used on
Windows machines). This is by far best and most flexible solution I'm
aware of.

Still I don't know how they do that and how much work would be
required to get this feature to Alpine Linux.

--
Paul Onyschuk <blink_at_bojary.koba.pl>