The Alpine Linux team is happy to announce the immediate release of
Alpine Linux 2.3.0, a major release. This release introduces several
new features, including:
- A new Linux kernel based on 3.0.
- GCC 4.6.
- Improved setup scripts with tools for helping configure local config
backup location and package manager cache.
- Preliminary support for booting from encrypted LVM partitions.
- Busybox has been upgraded to version 1.19.2 with shell history search
- Unbound DNS resolver with DNSSEC support.
- setup-bootable now uses UUID by default.
- Better multi-ISP support in pingu with support for ppp and dhcp
- PostgreSQL has been upgraded to 9.1.
- Kamailio has been upgraded to 3.2.
- "apk search" now does wildcard search by default.
- New ISO image for iSCSI targets: alpine-scst.
A copy of these release notes can be found at
. Full changelog can be found at
and a full listing
of bugfixes can be found at
Get it from:
Thanks to everyone who have been submitting patches, done testing and
reported bugs. We couldn't have done it without you!
Received on Tue Nov 01 2011 - 18:42:49 UTC