Re: [alpine-devel] Edge: Xen hang during boot

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 14:27:37 +0100

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:08:01 +0100
Florian Heigl <florian.heigl_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while I now see all CPUs in the standard kernel I now can't boot into
> the Xen one :)
>
> The lines of output (manually copied) are:
>
> Alpine Init 2.4.2-r0
>
> OpenRC 0.8.3.0ec744 is starting up Linux 3.0.9-grsec (x86_64)
> [XENU]
>
> * /proc is already mounted ...ok
> * Mounting /run
> * Mounting xenfs
> * Mounting security filesystem
> * Mounting debug filesystem
> * Starting busybox mdev
> * /dev/ is already mounted
> * Starting udevd
> * Populating /dev with existing through uevents ...
> * Waiting for uevents to be processed ...
> Nov 16 21 ... blah .... ata_id[1836]: HDIO_GET_IDENTITY failed for
> '/dev/sdd': Invalid argument

Do you need udev? (you probably want udev if you have things that
depends on libudev, like xorg.

In any case, you should not have boths busybopx mdev and udev enabled.
pick one.

> After that nothing.
> sdd, by the way is a usb flash pendrive on the mainboard.
>
> Any idea how I get through that now?

I don't have any experience with Xen so I don't know. (I am considering
setting up Xen on my main desktop box in a couple of weeks)

-nc