Re: [alpine-devel] Edge: Xen hang during boot

From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 14:37:57 +0100

2011/11/18 Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>:
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:08:01 +0100
> Florian Heigl <florian.heigl_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you need udev? (you probably want udev if you have things that
> depends on libudev, like xorg.

the howto has said i want it, and xen indeed does use udev for
hotplugging interfaces or disks into virtual machines.

I didn't explicitely enable mdev / or did know that it's around.

Any quick pointer for disabling? Does it need a initrd rebuild to turn off?

as for your desktop maybe we can sync a little when you're setting it up.
I hope I have everything tested till then.

So far I could boot a CentOS paravirt VM (that means I got it do see a
disk) but didn't get the networking sorted (that means it thought it
had an interface but that interface was not hooked up to it's bridge)

A few weeks ago I wrote a howto for making an alpine domU image for
some guy who wanted one, but I'm afraid he didn't actually build it.
I'm going to put that on my list :)

Greetings,
Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and