Re: [Bulk] Re: [alpine-devel] advice for virtualization on desktop

From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:12:55 +0000

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:15:43 +0100
Natanael Copa wrote:

This is probably of little interest and virtual box has probably
improved since due to the criticism but it may be worth knowing.

Haven't tried for a while but OpenBSD wouldn't run on virtualbox and
Theo de raadt said after wasting time working out a bug report was
virtual boxes fault that he couldn't believe any OS would ignore the
problems and continue to run with the bugs it has. Something to do with
memory handling I think. I've used vmware since as the machine I want
to run it on hasn't got hardware vitualisation support but it is a pain
if you run out of free space. I've looked at disabling that but was
worried about stability.

> I had with it when i used Arch Linux as desktop.

I'm setting up some Arch desktops now. Any reason you don't use Arch
anymore or just switched to Gentoo hardened or Alpine?