[alpine-devel] Port of Xen to Alpine Linux

From: Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau_at_entel.upc.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:43:25 +0100

Hello,

Some days ago I've started playing with Alpine Linux and Xen
(xen-unstable right now). So far I've been able to compile Xen under
Alpine 2.3.2, and fixed some issues with uclibc along the way. I've
upstreamed the changes needed to compile Xen under uclibc to
xen-devel, and now they are waiting for approval. Here is the list of
changes:

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-12/msg01525.html
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-12/msg01618.html
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-12/msg01622.html
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-12/msg01619.html
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-12/msg01621.html
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-12/msg01620.html
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-12/msg01623.html

If anyone wants to try them out, you will need to install yajl and
dev86 from source probably, using this patch to build yajl
successfully:

https://github.com/lloyd/yajl/issues/58

Once this patches are approved I will backport the necessary ones to
xen-4.1 to be sure stable Xen versions are compatible with Alpine.

Regards, Roger.