Re: [alpine-devel] Alpine Wall for firewall management

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 16:19:22 +0100

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 16:08:57 +0200 (EET)
Kaarle Ritvanen <kaarle.ritvanen_at_datakunkku.fi> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a new firewall management framework under early development.
> Please check out the draft specification here and provide your
> comments:
>
> http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_Wall

Very nice!

Regarding XML vs JSON vs YAML, I don't really like XML in general,
probably because i feel it generates bigger files. json would make it
easy to do things with javascript in browser and has lots of libs for
lua. I would be ok with YAML too.

Framework or template language? I have no strong opinions. I don't feel
competent enough to have opinion about it.

Thanks for working on this!