[alpine-devel] Steps for adding / packaging a kernel module

From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 10:34:59 +0100

Hi,

i've been going through the wiki articles but so far this has been a
quite inconclusive thing.

I've prepared a VM and installed alpine-sdk, and also somehow set up
abuild, but I'm not even sure that was a step into the right
direction.

Ah, and just now I noticed the rebuild-alpine.sh and stuff in aports.

I want to try to build packages for flashcache and openvswitch at some
point, right now I just want to install them "somehow" and test,
that's why I end up needing to compile some kernel modules.

Started a nice mass build of 1500 packages now and have no idea if
that will really help me in the end :)

Maybe this will just do it, but please take notice that one start-goal
documentation for this would not hurt.

Greetings,
Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and