Re: [alpine-devel] Steps for adding / packaging a kernel module

From: Jeff Bilyk <jbilyk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 14:07:48 -0500

Hi Florian,

On Jan 7, 2012, at 4:34 AM, Florian Heigl <florian.heigl_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i've been going through the wiki articles but so far this has been a
> quite inconclusive thing.

Agreed, it's another area where better docs would be appreciated.

An example APKBUILD that you might check out would be http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/main/open-vm-tools-grsec/APKBUILD. Hopefully it can point you in the right direction. Before building packages with kernel modules you should only need to install alpine-sdk, any other source packages should be pulled in via the makedepends option.