Re: [alpine-devel] some back-end contributions to the wiki

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 23:50:05 +0100

On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 05:44:33 -0500
Jim Pryor <lists+alpine-devel_at_jimpryor.net> wrote:

> I made some back-end contributions to the wiki; that is, a variety of
> contributions that aren't themselves content. Others may want to know
> about them.
>
> One group of contributions has to do with templates.

Wow. Yes, cleaning up the templates was needed.

> The second group of contributions is a single page, at
> <http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_Linux:Site_improvements>. The
> intent is to collect ideas for improving the site design of
> wiki.alpinelinux.org or www.alpinelinux.org. Others are also invited
> to add/edit ideas there.

Wow, very good!

> Anyone who's bored and has site priveleges is
> invited to implement the ideas. Most of them are trivial to
> implement---once a non-trivial design decision is made.

I'm far from bored :-/ but I changed various things, specially in the
Mediawiki:Sidebar.

Some time ago we had the wiki as the main page. Carlo set up a drupal
site as the "main site" so the wiki could be a community wiki. We never
finished the cleanup after that split.

> If you prefer such suggestions to go to the Alpine infrastructure or
> Alpine documentation sections of the Bugtracker, okay. Sometime when
> I'm bored I'll move them there. For now, it was easier to just dump a
> whole bunch of things I noticed at once to this single page.

Do whats easiest for you. The wiki page is good. The bugtracker is a
good way to make sure the specific items are followed up as I normally
go through the tickets before every stable release (every 6 month)

Now we need kick someone in the rear part to make those things happen...