Re: [alpine-devel] Blog post on xen.org about new Alpine release

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 17:49:00 +0200

On Wed, 2 May 2012 12:04:36 +0100
Roger Pau Monne <roger.pau_at_citrix.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As Alpine Linux 2.4 approaches the final release, and since it's the
> first release to include the Xen LiveCD, I would like to propose the
> Alpine Linux developers to do a combined blog post (together with me
> or other Xen developers) on blog.xen.org to announce this new LiveCD
> and promote Alpine Linux.

Sounds like a good idea!

> I was thinking that the blog post should cover all the features that
> Alpine Linux offers to users (which is quite different from an
> average Linux distro)

Anything paritcular you have in mind? the run from tmpfs feature?

> together with some insight about what's in the
> Xen LiveCD, why is Alpine a great Dom0 option

I suppos this is due to run from tmpfs.

> and a little bit of information about how to use it.

I would have use for such info myself :)

I would like to verify that things works before making noise in media,
so we can give a good first impression.

> Xen.org still offers a LiveCD, that's based on Xen 3.2 and Debian 5.0
> (released in 2009), which despite of being really old an outdated is
> still one of the most visited items in the wiki
> (http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/LiveCD).
>
> I'm Ccing Lars Kurth on this email, he is the Xen.org community
> manager, and will helpfully be able to provide some guidelines about
> how to handle this, what would be good to write about on the blog
> post, and this kinds of stuff that I'm not really good at :).

I'm not good at blogging either, but I like this idea.

> Please
> keep him on the replies to this email, as he is not subscribed to the
> list.
>
> Thanks for the hard work on the 2.4 release, Roger.

Thanks for your patience and the hard work in making the alpine-xen iso
a reallity!