Re: [alpine-devel] Notes on Alpine 2.4.2 in Amazon EC2

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 17:09:56 +0200

On Sun, 27 May 2012 09:00:47 -0700
Nathan Angelacos <nangel_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> * Booting the 64bit kernel reports:
> can only boot x86 32 PAE kernels, not xen-3.0-x86_64
> Error 13: Invalid or unsupported executable format

I built a kernel dedicated for virtual guests. One of the goals is to
make it as small as possible. I have no idea if it even boots at this
point but feedback is welcome.

I'd like it to include drivers for qemu/kvm, xen, vmware, virtualbox
and hyper-v guests.

It is in edge/testing and is named linux-virt-grsec.

Thanks!