[alpine-devel] rsyslog and exim issues

From: <deant_at_hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:14:07 -0400

Rsyslog: I prefer to use rsyslog to sysklogd and found that when I replaced
alpine's sysklogd with rsyslog that hostnames were missing for some logs
sent to remote servers; I tracked this down to rsyslog starting before
the hostname was setup.

Should /etc/init.d/rsyslog have a "need clock hostname localmount" clause
in the depend() like /etc/init.d/sysklog or does this interfere with other
usages?

Exim: the included exim.initd references /etc/exim/ as the location for
exim.conf, but both the exim.Makefile and the APKBUILD use /etc/mail as
the location for exim.conf. I'm unsure which reference would be preferred.

-dean takemori