Re: [alpine-devel] Mailing List Archives

From: Jeremy Thomerson <jeremy_at_thomersonfamily.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 21:24:03 -0500

No. But, it does seem that the software being used to create the
mailing list archives is poorly designed. For instance, look at
Google search [1]. It shows that message 0094.html on the
alpine-devel mailing list should be about a patch to Zabbix.

Then, click that link and go to the URL [2]. Message 0094 is your
response on this thread. But the original message I sent is message
number 0825 [3].

It appears that hypermail is reusing message IDs for some reason. Or
picking them out of a hat. Or an extremely poor hashing algorithm.

Actually, in reading a little bit more about Hypermail [4], it's
probably just a configuration problem.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/8odgysn
[2] http://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-devel/0094.html
[3] http://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-devel/0825.html