Re: [alpine-devel] 3.4 kernel for v2.4 stable?

From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 23:07:56 +0100

> * We are not the first switching from v3.3 to v3.4. Fedora 17 already
> did.

I see no problem with 3.4 but I wouldn't track fedora for good practice,
they shipped grub2 beta which damages multi-boot setups and which was
explained in an entire paragraph warning of this in the relatively short
manual.

> Cons:
> * Risk for unexpected breakages.
> * We still have to backport grsecurity patches since they are not
> supported from grsecurity.net anymore.

I guess it would be counter productive now but wouldn't it be easier
for you to track 3.2 and the stable grsecurity patch or is the
backporting little work?