Re: [alpine-devel] 3.4 kernel for v2.4 stable?

From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 11:55:34 +0100

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:53:58 +0200
Natanael Copa wrote:

> There are also a chance that Spender and Pipacs will support 3.4
> kernel now that it is announced as longterm.

This was back in January from Spender when everything was a little
unclear and up in the air so it's probably best to check out their
forums to see the current intentions. Let us know if you find out and
I'll do the same.

"We have a thread up on the forums about this. Basically, we haven't
decided yet (and it seems everyone would like a different kernel to be
maintained). I know the PaX Team wants to do 2.6.32 and 3.2 since
those are what Ubuntu LTS will be based off, but others want 3.0. I'd
like to be able to provide these all, but this is two more kernels to
maintain above what we're currently doing. I'm hoping some more
sponsors will step up to support the work and demonstrate demand for
something which already takes up much of my free time. If you know of
any companies that would be interested, please let me know."