[alpine-devel] Alpine Linux 2.5.1 USB Keyboard Issue During Install

From: JR <jrickman_at_users.easynews.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 20:05:08 -0800
I downloaded the Alpine Linux 2.5.1 ISO images to test.

My test platform:
MSI Fuzzy 690T motherboard, uses AMD NB & SB chipsets
AMD Athlon 64 X2 cpu
4G DDR-2 800 MHz SO-DIMM RAM
onboard AMD 1200 Radeon video in AMD M690T chipset
SATA-II HDD (WD 320G Black 2.5 inch drive)
USB keyboard
USB mouse (Microsoft-compatible)
USB CD-ROM (via IDE-to-USB case)
Media: CD-RW
ISO: Alpine Linux x86 and x86_64 v2.5.1 ISOs

BIOS set to support USB-HID devices
BIOS set to boot from USB CD-ROM

Experience:
(1) System will boot from CD
(2) System will display output to screen during boot
(3) Login prompt is displayed
(4) USB keyboard works fine before Busybox is loaded
(5) USB keyboard is dead at login prompt
(6) Unable to login via USB keyboard

Other tests:
Other _current_ Linux ditributions have been tested
on the same hardware using both USB CD-ROM and USB
"stick" methods. All of these distributions will
support all of the devices listed above.

Example Linux distributions tested:
(either x86, x86_64, or both were tested)
Fedora 17
CentOS 6.x & Scientific Linux 6.x
Ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10
ARCH Linux
CRUX 2.8
Gentoo

Notes:
USB keyboard issue in Alpine Linux 2.5.1 appears in
both the x86 and x86_64 versions.

I noted from the Alpine Line 2.5.1 Git log that USB
device issues in Busybox have been seen previously.

Do USB issues still exist in Busybox as used by
Alpine Linux and is that being seen in my testing?

I am not a subscriber to this mailing. Please
include my email address in your reply.

Thank you, JR

R{.n+yׯz_˛mbzX+ijZb^~i+-iw{Received on Wed Jan 02 2013 - 20:05:08 UTC