Re: [alpine-devel] saveas uri in APKBUILDs

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:06:18 +0100

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 09:57:33 +0100
Francesco <francesco_at_bsod.eu> wrote:

> Il 2013-02-15 09:51 Roger Pau Monné ha scritto:
> > On 15/02/13 09:40, Natanael Copa wrote:
> >
> > I have no stake in this, but I think the Arch format is more intuitive
> > than the one used in Alpine.
>
> I've the same opinion as Roger.
> "newfile" is more immediate than "saveas".
>
> My two cents.

newfile was only an example.

Other example:

  source="saveas-https://https://github/bar/foo/archive/v1.0/foo-1.0.tar.gz"

vs.

  source="foo-1.0.tar.gz::https://github/bar/foo/archive/v1.0"

I somehow like the former variant because it is very easy to implement code:

  filename=${source##*/}

the latter would need some kind of conditional, if contains :: then, else...:

  case $source in
  *::*) filename=${source/::*/};;
  *) filename=${source##*/};;
  esac

I still think it might be worth do the change unless someone have strong opinions.