Re: [alpine-devel] Alpine Firewall

From: Jeremy Thomerson <jeremy_at_thomersonfamily.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 18:04:31 -0500

Alpine is a Linux distro, so if you have any experience in doing these
things in any other Linux distro it basically all applies.

Allow me to connect remotely:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_OpenVPN_server

QoS for VoIP:
I don't have any experience with setting up QoS, but you may look at this
package. Since it appears to be just using iproute2's QoS, you may find
the tutorial after the package link helpful.

http://alpinelinux.org/apk/main/x86/iproute2-qos
http://www.howtoforge.com/voip_qos_traffic_shaping_iproute2_asterisk

Port forward to my internal apps
Just use iptables. Search for any iptables tutorial.

Or, you can try awall:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/How-To_Alpine_Wall#Port-Forwarding

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Thomerson