[alpine-devel] using acf as a rest API

From: Jaime Melis <jmelis_at_opennebula.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 01:36:33 +0200

Hi guys,

I'm an OpenNebula developer and I had a chat today with Roger and he told me
about this project. As far as I've seen, it looks like a perfect match for
many
things we want to do in our project.

One of these thing is to provide our users with a virtual router that
autoconfigures itself matching the OpenNebula configuration and does things
like: dns server, dhcp server, etc...

So, my question here is, I'd like to call some acf funcionalities from
inside a
pogram (namely reconfigure dnsmasq and restart the service), so far I've
seen
the only way to do this programmatically is to log-in with curl for
instance,
get the cookie, and pass it along to the following requests.

Is there any alternative? should I do this in a different way? would you
consider applying a patch developed by me that enables http basic
authentication
in /etc/acf/acf.conf so I can simply do the equivalent of curl -X POST -u
<username>:<pass> https://... without the need of handling cookies?

cheers,
Jaime

--