Re: [alpine-devel] using acf as a rest API

From: Ted Trask <ttrask01_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 07:43:41 -0700 (PDT)

If you are trying to remotely access ACF, yes, you must manage the cookie right now. (There are command-line or programmable options if you are on the device) If you would like to submit a patch to allow http basic authentication, I would be okay with applying it. Thanks for your interest in ACF. If you need assistance in creating the patch, please let me know. Ted ________________________________ From: Jaime Melis <jmelis_at_opennebula.org> To: alpine-devel_at_lists.alpinelinux.org Sent: Monday, April 8, 2013 7:36 PM Subject: [alpine-devel] using acf as a rest API Hi guys, I'm an OpenNebula developer and I had a chat today with Roger and he told me about this project. As far as I've seen, it looks like a perfect match for many things we want to do in our project. One of these thing is to provide our users with a virtual router that autoconfigures itself matching the OpenNebula configuration and does things like: dns server, dhcp server, etc... So, my question here is, I'd like to call some acf funcionalities from inside a pogram (namely reconfigure dnsmasq and restart the service), so far I've seen the only way to do this programmatically is to log-in with curl for instance, get the cookie, and pass it along to the following requests. Is there any alternative? should I do this in a different way? would you consider applying a patch developed by me that enables http basic authentication in /etc/acf/acf.conf so I can simply do the equivalent of curl -X POST -u <username>:<pass> https://... without the need of handling cookies? cheers, Jaime --  Jaime Melis Project Engineer OpenNebula - The Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis_at_opennebula.org