Re: [alpine-devel] [2.6rc2] USB 3G Modems Not Working, Anymore

From: Der Tiger <der.tiger.alpine_at_arcor.de>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 15:09:54 +0200

Hi Carlo,

Thank you for your mail!

> Do you try this with udev?
Nope. udevd is not running. Because udevd wasn't necessary on Alpine 2.5
to get the USB modem running, I wouldn't expect it to be required on
2.6. Then again, what do I know. I currently can't test this, due to the
fact, the physical system has just been downgraded back to Alpine 2.5,
while testing USB devices on virtual systems doesn't yield reliable results.

I'd guess this to be a problem with a kernel module (e.g. usbserial) or
with usb_modeswitch itself.

Regards, Tiger