[alpine-devel] Xen-guest-only kernel configs?

From: Dubiousjim <lists+alpine-devel_at_jimpryor.net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 13:20:25 -0400

Congrats to Natanael and everyone else who helped get 2.6 into shape!

I've got Alpine installed as a Xen guest on a Linode instance. To do
this, I built my own stripped-down Xen-guest-only kernels. (The x86_64
linux-grsec also worked, but the x86 one doesn't have Xen stuff turned
on. I didn't try Alpine's linux-xen package, which is intended for Xen
hosting, and so enables stuff I didn't need/want on my guest instances).

If anyone else is interested in these stripped-down kernel configs,
perhaps we could make an additional kernel package. Or I could at least
post the current version in a gist for others to lookup if they ever
have the need down the road (and stumble across this email).

They're here: https://gist.github.com/dubiousjim/5538673. That's
currently for 3.8.11, but I have versions for kernel 3.9.2, too. I'll
update the gist files sometime soon.

--
Jim Pryor
jim_at_jimpryor.net