[alpine-devel] Stable and Secure Distribution Supporting Xen

From: Richard Johnson <johnson9884_at_qq.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:08:39 +0430
I'm choosing between Unix-based operating systems that support Xen. My criteria are the following:

- Compatibility: I want to use this OS on a various set of commonly used hardware. I have restricted the CPU instruction set scope to x86_64, but there are a vast range of graphics cards out there.
- Stability: The packages and kernel used must be stable versions. Many main distributions such as Debian and RedHat follow his strategy.
- Xen Stability: Stable Xen support is necessary
- Security

With these criteria in mind I have reached to the following distributions: NetBSD, Alpine Linux, FreeBSD, Debian and CentOS. I am currently using Alpine Linux which claims that it is designed with security in mind, however my recent Experience with it showed many bugs.

Regards
--- Unsubscribe: alpine-devel+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org Help: alpine-devel+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org --- Received on Tue May 21 2013 - 10:08:39 UTC