Re: [alpine-devel] Porting ghc to Alpine, troubles with PaX?

From: Dubiousjim <lists+alpine-devel_at_jimpryor.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 01:53:09 -0400

Just to follow-up on my earlier emails about trying to port GHC (Glasgow
Haskell Compiler) to Alpine, I finally did get this working. I've
written up what it took and posted it on the wiki:

http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Porting_GHC_to_Alpine

Note that others won't in general need to follow the same (complex)
steps! Now that we've got working ghc binaries for Alpine (for x86 and
x86_64), we can use them to do further builds of ghc directly on Alpine.
As I say on the wiki page, I'll write up an APKBUILD soon that lets
others do this.